Maintaining your kite surfing gear will allow it to last longer saving you quite a bit of hassle and money. Here are a few great tips on how to maintain your kitesurfing equipment so will get quality use when you need it the most:
* Before each session of kitesurfing, you should inspect your lines by laying them completely out.
* Before each session you should check the fabric on your kite for any damage like holes.
* After each kitesurfing session you should clean bar, lines, and harness using fresh water.
* After it is cleaned, it should dry out before you put it up in storage.
* After every 10 sessions, you should apply silicone spray to the pulleys.
* Check the bridle attachments for wear and tear.
* Check for loose screw, board handle and foot straps and tighten all loose ones.
* Screws can be kept tight by applying Locktite to keep them secure.
* Wipe off the shaft and body and then apply silicone spray.
* Check the bag zips and if stiff apply zip lube.
* Salt and grime can be removed from the kite by gently washing it in freshwater.
You can request kitesurfing handbooks and guides online and have them sent directly to your inbox. Remember that sand can be your number one enemy when kitesurfing. The sand should always be wiped off before packing your kite down. You should never pack a wet kite down. A wet kite can cause mold and mildew to occur. When you decide to rig your kite on the beach, this will allow your kite to keep better shape for a while. Never self launch as this can add wear to your kite.
Always remove the hose when storing your kite, the hose can be stored in a separate place. Your lines should be kept free of knots. Keeping your kite clean, checked, and stored properly will add life. You can share what you have learned here with your kitesurfing friends. The next time you go to the beach for a kitesurfing day, your kite will do many good deeds because you have taken the time and effort to perform proper maintenance.
Maintaining your kitesurfing equipment will help you to prevent major problems like deterioration. It is a bid part of you being a professional kiteboarder. The kite has an arc shape and should be maintained. Kitesurfing is a popular sport at the beach. Most people prefer to kitesurf when the weather is warm. When you take lessons as a beginner in kitesurfing then you will also learn about kite maintenance. Each year kites change due to advanced technology they are gaining new features so it is quite important that you learn the facts about these new kites in order to proper maintain them.
Kitesurfing includes different styles that include freestyle, freeride, downwinders, speed, course racing, wakestyle, jumping and kitesurfing in the waves. Those professionals who are in competitions must have sunerb working equipment and one way to make sure is to comple maintenance.